Mark has been practicing as a Registered Massage Therapist/Sports Massage Therapist since 2014. Prior to becoming an RMT, he spent 12 years in the Film and Television industry, producing commercials at the tail end of his career in media. His personal sports injuries and successful recovery from them have led him to pursue a career in health care. He graduated from the Canadian College of Massage and Hydrotherapy in 2013, and even went back to teach there for over 3 years.
Mark runs his in-clinic practice at The Runner’s Academy, and at Rebalance Sports Medicine specializing in treating sports injuries and conditions. Through thorough assessment, Mark strives hard to understand an athlete's movement and skill uniquely required for their sport. This in turn helps him get to the root of an athlete's injury or biomechanic dysfunction. He has developed a unique blend of physical rehab-oriented Massage, Joint Mobilization, Myofascial Stretch & Release techniques to decrease pain and improve function in order to get an athlete to compete at peak performance and achieve their goals. Runners, tri-athletes, golfers, basketball and volleyball players are just some of the types of athletes that have benefitted from Mark’s treatments.
Mark strives to develop effective Treatment Plans that work seamlessly into an athlete’s training and personal lifestyle. He strives to assist the athlete in performing optimally in their sport of choice through Massage Therapy. He is committed to educating athletes, of all levels, on how to incorporate his unique integration of Manual/Massage Therapy into rigorous training, daily life, and competition schedules. He will work to help you train efficiently, maintain mobility, and recuperate effectively.
Whether you’re a novice sports enthusiast, a weekend warrior, an Olympic athlete, or a seasoned professional, Mark works with you to enhance your performance before, during, and after training or sporting event.
- Advanced Sports Massage (CSMTA)
- Cupping Therapy
- Neurokinetic Therapy
- Osteopathic Joint Mobilizations
- Myofacial Stretch & Release Techniques
- Advanced Cranial Techniques
- Shiatsu Massage
- Active Isolated Stretching
- Dynamic Taping
Career & Event Highlights//Qualifications
- Registered Massage Therapist @ The Runner’s Academy
- Registered Massage Therapist @ Rebalance Toronto
- Former Registered Massage Therapist for Team On2Volleyball
- B&O Yorkville 5km (2014-2018)
- Toronto Women's Run Series (2017)
- Medical volunteer – Sports Massage Therapist for Toronto 2015 PanAm and Para PanAm Games – Polyclinic/Judo/Sitting Volleyball
- Medical volunteer – Sports Massage Therapist for Toronto 2015 PanAm – Swim Trials
- Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon Expo (2014, 2015)
- OVA Grand Slam, Youth Grand Slam, OVA Provincials & Nationals (2014, 2015)
- Former Instructor/Teaching Assistant at Canadian College of Massage & Hydrotherapy (2015 - 2018)
Memberships // Certifications
- Canadian Sports Massage Therapists Association (CSMTA)
- College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO)
- Registered Massage Therapists Association of Ontario (RMTAO)
- Graduate from the Canadian College of Massage & Hydrotherapy (CCMH)
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- Sports First Responder & First Aid CPR/AED Level HCP
Questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Years ago, Mark did a short stint as a professional wrestler, and was in a music video. Can you guess which luchador wrestler he is?